Last Updated on: 19th September 2023, 12:25 am
The crossover step is a fundamental basketball move used to quickly change direction and evade defenders. It involves taking a step with one foot in front of the other, then quickly switching the positions of the feet to change direction.
How To Crossover Basketball Step By Step
Here’s how to perform a crossover step:
- Start with the ball in your hands and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Take a step forward with your left foot, crossing it in front of your right foot.
- As you plant your left foot, quickly push off with your right foot and step to the left, crossing your left foot behind your right foot.
- As you do this, dribble the ball with your right hand to the left side of your body.
- Continue moving to the left, keeping the ball low and close to your body to avoid defenders.
The crossover step is a versatile move that can be used in a variety of situations, including when driving to the basket, creating space for a jump shot, or simply evading a defender. It’s important to practice this move regularly to improve your ball handling skills and footwork.